Designed in 1914 by Wilder and White, Architects, of New York City, the original owner of this property was Dr. William Englesby. In 1956 the house was willed to the University of Vermont. It served as a dormitory for twenty-seven women students until the new president of UVM, John Fey, arrived in 1958 and the university remodeled the house to serve as his residence. It has since been occupied by succeeding UVM presidents. This was an intriguing space to design due to the rarity of such a large garden in the city. We installed a front walk with a ramp from pavers and custom cut bluestone. We carried this look to the back of the house by installing a paver patio with bluestone inlay along with some steps. Colorful plantings completed the area and gave it an elegant feel.